Sunday, 9 October 2016

E cigarette explodes in smokers mouth


A smoker was left with "catastrophic injuries" similar to a gunshot wound to the face after their e-cigarette exploded in their mouth, a plastic surgeon has revealed.

Consultant surgeon Dai Nguyen is calling for tougher import regulations on e-cigarettes and better guidance for consumers after warning that "people could die" following a rise in injuries caused buy the popular device Mirror gathered.

The shocking warning comes as a hospital reported a rise in the number of burns patients who had the popular device explode while it was in their trouser pocket.

In one case, a 25-year-old was paintballing when their device exploded, while in another, a factory worker suffered thigh and groin injuries, and burnt his hand when he tried to extinguish the flames.
Morriston Hospital has treated five patients this year for burns from exploding e-cigarettes, which are the first it has ever dealt with, Wales Online reported.

Last month 49-year-old James Vearncombe was left scarred for life after an e-cigarette battery exploded like a firework in his pocket.

He had recharged the battery and tried to get it out of his trousers when it got hot.
But James told the Sunday People : “I was too late. It blew a hole in my jeans and sprayed flames down my leg like a Roman candle.
I ripped off my jeans and poured water from the sink over my leg," he continued. "Then I ran into the garden and used the hosepipe. My skin was hanging off.”


2 comments:

  1. The Breville company is world renown for making some of the best juicers, and their Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juicing Machine is among the very best that Breville has to offer. Juicers have taken the world by storm in recent years. ejuice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Electronic Cigarette is ideal option to continue dangerous smoking habit in healthier way possible. Get quality e cigs to enjoy great vaping experience. Vape Store Melbourne | E Cigarette Melbourne

    ReplyDelete