Tuesday, 20 September 2016

Boko Haram attacks commercial bus kill 6


The Nigerian Army has confirmed that six people were killed on Monday in Borno in an attack by Boko Haram terrorists.

The acting Director of Army Public Relations, Sani Usman, said the incident happened when the militants ambushed troops escorting commercial vehicles from Damboa to Maiduguri, at Sanda general area.

Premium times gathered that three soldiers, who sustained injuries during incident had been evacuated to Maiduguri.

“Consequently, another robust patrol team has been despatched to reinforce the troops, clear the general area and pursue the terrorists,” Mr. Usman said in a statement.
‪”This unfortunate incident has brought to the fore the need for more vigilance and cooperation amongst all.


“Additional security measures have also been put in place to avert reoccurrence,” Usman stressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment