Thursday, 3 December 2015

Woman Contracts Infection From Wearing Glittery Hair Tie on Her Wrist


Girls everywhere, be on ALERT!
A woman in Kentucky claims she acquired a nasty infection after wearing a glittery hair tie on her wrist. Doctors told Audree Kopp that bacteria from the band likely entered through her pores and hair follicles.



"I didn't believe it at first," she told WLKY. "I thought that it was a spider bite, or something else, not from wearing hair ties."

L & S learned that Kopp's physician, Dr. Amit Gupta of Norton Healthcare, initially gave her antibiotics for the growing bump on her wrist, but ultimately decided that she needed the abscess drained.
"Be careful," Gupta warned. "I mean, you can't put all these hair ties around the wrist particularly because it can cause problems to the skin."

Kopp said she's lucky to have caught the infection early. "Once it gets into your bloodstream, people have been known to go into a coma," she wrote in a Facebook post. "I want to inform everyone to make sure no one else has to go thru (sic) this. The GLITTER tie is the one that caused the issue."

4 comments: